The Liberal Senate Forum

Connect

facebook Ideas Forum youtube flickr

Meet Senator

Claudette Tardif

The Hon. Claudette  Tardif, B.Ed., M.Ed., Ph.D. Senator Tardif has been a member of the Senate of Canada since March 24, 2005. She was appointed Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition in the Senate in January 2007.

Ideas Forum

Bill C-36 must not be passed! Our rights must be protected!

Feedback

Read the comments left on this page or add yours.
Posted by Bonita Poulin (Quadeville) on 15 November 2010

The idea that Health Canada cannot protect Canadians from unsafe items in the marketplace is bogus! Just last week they caused car seats to be recalled. How was that possible if our laws are so lax?
Bill C-36 (C-6, C-51, C-52) is nothing but a power grab! If our current laws aren't good enough, add some language to strengthen them. Do not gut our civil rights, rights of trespass, privacy etc. for this feeble excuse of Health Canada, who we know are under the influence of big business. We need to be protected from them!

Disclaimer

The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of their author. The contents of this forum have not necessarily been endorsed by the Liberal Senate Forum and do not represent official policy in any way.

Ideas Forum

Role and future of the Senate

26 Mar, 2013 | By Helen |

Climate change and a fair tax system

17 Nov, 2011 | By Don | Climate Change: this is the most important issue facing us. Visit the James Hansen website and find in the most recent paper that warming is accelerating and temperature anomalies are becoming greater.

4 Days Work Week in Canada - Why haven't we opt for that yet?

30 Aug, 2011 | By OATRICK | " I am a proud Canadian. I love our country. However I feel Canada needs a four day work week like France. Even our country to the south of us may introduce a four day work week in certain states.

Canadian Armed Forces pensions

26 Aug, 2011 | By Craig | Are an absolute mess. Clawbacks at a certain age, overshadowed by medical pensions which are of no real tangible value (they devalue the regular pension, resulting in no real net gain for a medical condition, say, like a blown off limb), and a faulty and flawed Veterans Affairs portfolio.

Preservation of Canadian Lighthouses

5 Jul, 2011 | By Michel | I read with interest the report of the Senate on the above subject.
« 1 2 3 4 5  ... » 

Submit an idea

Contribute to the Ideas Forum
Recycle

You can retrieve this page at:
http://www.liberalsenate.ca/issues/forum/11131_Bill-C-36-must-not-be-passed-Our-rights-must-be-protected.
Please recycle this document.