The Liberal Senate Forum

Connect

facebook Ideas Forum youtube flickr

Meet Senator

Wilfred Moore

The Hon. Wilfred P. Moore, Q.C., LL.D. Appointed to the Senate by the Rt. Honourable Jean Chrétien, Senator Wilfred P. Moore represents the province of Nova Scotia and the Senatorial Division of Stanhope St./South Shore. He has served in the Senate of Canada since September 26, 1996.

Ideas Forum

Climate change and a fair tax system

Feedback

Read the comments left on this page or add yours.
Posted by Don Kerr (Collingwood) on 17 November 2011

Climate Change: this is the most important issue facing us. Visit the James Hansen website and find in the most recent paper that warming is accelerating and temperature anomalies are becoming greater. Drastic action is needed and the most important step would be a carbon tax rising to about $200 per tonne of CO2 with all income returned equitably to the people, with perhaps some temporary help for truck drivers, taxis, etc.

Fair Tax System: this is needed to begin correcting the obscene level of inequality - much high taxes on incomes of $250,000 and over plus closing of the many advantages for the rich such as stock options, off-shore, TSFA, etc. Our economy is suffering from lack of market from lower and middle classes; it is not a problem of lack of money to invest.

Disclaimer

The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of their author. The contents of this forum have not necessarily been endorsed by the Liberal Senate Forum and do not represent official policy in any way.

Ideas Forum

Role and future of the Senate

26 Mar, 2013 | By Helen |

Climate change and a fair tax system

17 Nov, 2011 | By Don | Climate Change: this is the most important issue facing us. Visit the James Hansen website and find in the most recent paper that warming is accelerating and temperature anomalies are becoming greater.

4 Days Work Week in Canada - Why haven't we opt for that yet?

30 Aug, 2011 | By OATRICK | " I am a proud Canadian. I love our country. However I feel Canada needs a four day work week like France. Even our country to the south of us may introduce a four day work week in certain states.

Canadian Armed Forces pensions

26 Aug, 2011 | By Craig | Are an absolute mess. Clawbacks at a certain age, overshadowed by medical pensions which are of no real tangible value (they devalue the regular pension, resulting in no real net gain for a medical condition, say, like a blown off limb), and a faulty and flawed Veterans Affairs portfolio.

Preservation of Canadian Lighthouses

5 Jul, 2011 | By Michel | I read with interest the report of the Senate on the above subject.
« 1 2 3 4 5  ... » 

Submit an idea

Contribute to the Ideas Forum
Recycle

You can retrieve this page at:
http://www.liberalsenate.ca/issues/forum/14625_Climate-change-and-a-fair-tax-system.
Please recycle this document.